Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Combined Challenges for AHSC #146 & Color My Heart #179

Hello and welcome to today's project.  I am very excited as this is my first official sketch as part of the design team over at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC) and the first time in quite a while that I've played along with the folks over at Color My Heart.
Just in case I haven't mentioned it, I am totally in love with the Charlotte paper kit (Champagne, Sorbet, Slate, Whisper, White Daisy and Black) so when I saw that these were the featured colors this week at the Color My Heart I knew I wanted to find a way to use it for this week's sketch at AHSC.
details:  This little card was inspired by the fact that the first of my daughter's friends just announced her engagement and I have offered to help with some of the decorations, etc.  As stated, I used the Charlotte paper kit; the top and bottom pieces of the card base are flip sides of the same designer paper, and I backed the arrow piece with black CS.  The "save the date" was stamped on one of the zip strips using the retired Tiny Typewriter alpha in black ink and embellished at each end of the strip with the lovely black and gold ribbon.  I used my 1-inch circle punch to cut two circles in black and one in the retired CTMH color called Baby Pink, which I heat embossed with Versamark and gold embossing powder using the retired Friendship alpha.

And that's all there is to this project.  I hope you will take time to stop by both challenge blogs for some inspiration based on AHSC's versatile sketch and the lovely colors of  the Charlotte papers over at the Color My Heart site.
Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful save the date card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of the arrows and circles to accent the date! That paper pack is SO versatile! WTG- great job. :)

    ReplyDelete