Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mother's Day Card for AHSC #148

I worked so hard and took a long time making my card for this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge but it was worth it, I think it's my favorite of all the cards I've made so far.  Michelle Stewart gave us a FABULOUS sketch to work with, and I can't wait to see everyone else's creations.




details:  Once again, I used the Charlotte paperscomplements, and those lovely gold tone Treasured Puffies.  I used the Artiste Cricut cartridge to cut the diamond grid from black CS and 2 patterns from the Charlotte kit and pieced those along with some fussy-cut pieces from the pink zip strips.  I used my ruler (a tool I truly could not papercraft without!) and gold metallic marker to mark the diagonal lines.  Then I used my scallop border punch and black shimmer trim to  make the border.  I used a piece of retired Baby Pink cardstock and gold embossed the image from the A Day For Mother on shapes cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and backed that with the black and gold ribbon and puffies.

For the inside, I just pieces some B&T from the Charlotte kit with one of the 3x4" pieces from the kit and stamped the sentiment from the My Mother set, and I couldn't resist adding a touch of shimmer with the more of the black and gold ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by and looking, and please take time to check out all the projects at AHSC this week.  Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette




1 comment:

  1. Awwww, what a gorgeous card! Thanks for the reminder that I need a couple of Mom's day cards for May! :) WTG, love this.

    ReplyDelete