Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Planner Page for AHSC #156

I just adore this week's sketch at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to use it to make my own divider page for my Everyday Life album; the only "challenge" I had was carving out the time to make it.  This project took a bit of time as I wanted to create a Cricut file in case I wanted to make more dividers or pages in the future, but it was totally worth it because as much as I LOVE my planner album, I love to customize it even more!
























details:
  I used the lovely Kaleidoscope paper kit and adhered that to a base I created on white CS, just to give it some extra sturdiness and so I could sponge ink onto the divider tab so it would be in keeping with the water color theme.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the frame in Gypsy CS.  I used the Brushstrokes stamp set in Pear, Gypsy, and Pixie inks for the brushstroke images.  For the sentiment, I used a consultant-only stamp set, masking the image so I could basically divide the entire image into three parts, stamping the top and bottom ones in Gypsy and then using Versamark and gold embossing powder to heat emboss the word "life."  To finish it off, I added two different sized hearts from the Treasured Puffies as well as the white and gold ribbon.  This is one of the few times I feel like one of my projects turned out better than I had envisioned it, and I know I'm going to enjoy using it in my planner every day!

Thanks for stopping by and I really hope you will play along with this week's sketch challenge or at least stop by the AHSC blog to check out the fabulous projects from the participants as well as the rest of the design team.  Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. This one really speaks to me; love the colors and design. Beautiful! TFS.

    ReplyDelete