Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Sending A Little Love for AHSC #154

Hello again!  I needed a very special card to cheer a young friend having dental surgery today, and I wanted to use a particular paper because she LOVES pink and she chose this paper the first time we made an altered a notebook together.  I also knew I wanted to use this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and this combination of stamps, but from there things got really tricky.  Nothing matched quite the way I wanted, the embellishments I had planned didn't jive once the stamped tag was in place, and so on.  So, this card was truly a work of heart as I literally worked on it all night until I was happy with it.  I love this sketch because it's just perfect to attach a gift card on the back with a ribbon or little tag of tape and still have room to leave a little personal note.



details:  I used a retired paper named Sweetheart for both the darker and lighter panels.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge for the border, which was cut in Hollyhock cardstock.  I used the Share the Love stamp set in Pixie for the sentiment, which was backed with more Hollyhock CS and I added one of the darker glitter hearts from the Enamel Glitter Duos Purple Hearts for a little sparkle.  For the tag, I used the Candlelight Garden set (the SOTM this past December) in Whisper for the jar, and the Charming Cascaded in Pixie for the hearts, using a masking technique to keep the hearts "in" the jar.  So, this one took a bit of time and effort but if I can make my young friend smile, it will all be worth it!

Dont' forget to head over to the AHSC blog to see the design team's creations and hopefully you can play along!  Happy crafting,  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment