Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Calypso Cheer for Between The Folds Challenge #23

Hello!  Here in the midwestern part of the USA we are experiencing an early dose of summer so it was especially delightful to sit in my air conditioning as I worked with the soothing colors of the Calypso paper kit for this week's project at Between The Folds Challenge #23.
I really wanted to send a pretty card full of care and support for a woman in our community who just diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  She is an inspiring teacher at our local high school and has a huge team of family, friends, current and former students, and her and her husband's coworkers behind her and we're all trying to help her and her family in any way we can.  I wanted a large card and envelope so I can include several gift cards, some hand crafted thank you notes, stamps, etc.






















details:  All papers used for this card are from the Calypso paper kit.  I started by adhering a 5.75" square piece of the lightly speckled piece onto a 6" square piece of the lagoon patterned paper.  Then I used the Artistry Cricut cartridge (p.28 of the booklet or the background function/k key at 5 inches real dial size) and made one cut in the black patterned paper, then carefully measured and adjusted my starting point so I could get the same cut out of the 4x6-inch striped piece of the PML page of the kit.  I adhered the black piece and then pieced the striped heart pieces into place.  I used the discontinued Card Chatter - Sympathy card in Lagoon ink for the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by and please take time to head on over to Between The Folds Challenge Blog to check out the rest of the projects created by our talented design team and participants.  We would love to see what you can create with the fun colors in the Calypso kit, and you have until 10:55 pm Central time on Monday, 6/19, to link your projects.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment