Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Magical Inspiration for CTMH Featured Products Blog Hop

Hello and welcome back to another round of the Close To My Heart Featured Products Blog Hop, where this week we will be inspiring you with projects made from the Magical paper kit.  This is such a fresh, energetic kit that I dare you to work with it and not feel happy, lol.  Blog hops are circular things so you should have found your way here from Jen's blog blog but you are welcome to jump in anywhere along the way and just follow the links until you've made the rounds, but don't forget to hop on over to Corinna's blog when you're done here.

For my project this week, I chose to make a card for my husband's birthday on July 5th.  He was an only child, adopted when his parents when were turning 50 years old so they had waited a long time to welcome a child into their lives... so you can just imagine how spoiled he was!  LOL  With his birthday falling so close to the 4th of July holiday, he has always had a big celebration for his birthday and in the last few years this has evolved into a self-proclaimed "birthday season," which starts on Father's Day and lasts through his actual birthday or whatever our last big family event of the summer happens to be.  So it should be no surprise that I have already made him one birthday card, which was a fun 4th-themed one, but I decided our daughter can give that one to him and I made him this one.  My husband and I started out in the same school district, we met - and he absolutely terrified me at our kindergarten roundup - but my parents divorced and we moved to the next town/school district.  We never officially met again until shortly after we had graduated our respective high schools but we have laughed over how many times our paths must have crossed in between, with him living less than 1/2 a mile from my best friend, which in the country is pretty much next door, and I worked at a popular restaurant he can remember going to many times, so I thought it would be fun to make a card celebrating not only my husband being forever young at heart but the fun story of the first time we met.  Now I can't wait to give this to him and laugh over it together, all over again.

Happy crafting and have a fun and safe 4th of July!  ~~  Annette

Here is the complete list of blog hop participants this week:

1.  Jenifer Benner

2.  Annette Clark (here)

3.  Corinna Murphy

details:  As stated, I used the Magical paper kit.  This one features multiple bright colors so I made a point to use each one of them in this card.  I started with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base in Sapphire and this multi-colored heart patterned paper cut at 4 x 5 1/4."  The center piece of white CS measures 2 1/4 x 3 1/4" and it is backed by a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2" piece of Crystal Blue CS.  I didn't cut the banner to any certain size but just stamped on a scrap of white CS and cut it down to size so it measures approximately 9/16 x 3" and the yellow dotted background paper is 13/16 x 3 1/4."  The "happy birthday" sentiment is stamped in Sapphire using the Banner Wishes set, and I used a long-retired stamp set called "Childhood Portrait" for the grass, tree, and boy/girl images.  I used two different small heart images from the Forever In My Heart set in Cranberry ink.  The final touch was a bow made from Whisper Thick Twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment