Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Thin Cuts for CTMH Featured Products Blog Hop

I have a quick card to share today featuring CTMH's Thin Cuts for embossing and die cutting machines such as Cuttlebug and Sizzix; these cute little dies are a relatively new addition to our product line and each set of dies coordinates with a particular stamp set.  I used two sets for this project:  Tickled Pink and My Anchor (retired).  I wanted a really cheerful thank you card using teal or Lagoon accents, as this is part of a set of thank-you's I will be gifting to a local teacher recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer, so she has a variety to keep on hand whether she is at home or the hospital
The front of this card is one of the 4 x 6" PML cards in the Calypso kit trimmed to 4 x 5 1/2" and backed by a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" piece of Lagoon patterned paper from the same kit.  The sentiment is stamped with Lagoon ink using the Tickled Pink stamp set.  I used the sun image from the My Anchor stamp set which I swiped across a Honey ink pad and then touched up the smaller "background" rays of sun with a Marigold ShinHan alcohol marker to add to the overall watercolor effect of the Calypso kit.
For the inside, I used Lagoon ink again with another stamp from the Tickled Pink set.  I created the flamingo images by first stamping the legs in white CS and then using the thin cut dies and my Cuttlebug to cut them out.  Then, rather than stamp the birds' bodies, I ran the watercolor looking pink Calypso paper through the Cuttlebug again and trimmed the leg portion off, leaving the bodies, and glued them to the original full-sized die cuts.  I chose to use the same Lagoon patterned paper from the front to die cut the wings, then stamped and fussy cut the beak images, colored over the black ink with the Marigold marker, and adhered.  I used the black marker to draw the eyes on.

And that's all there is to this one.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment