Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Jeepers Creepers for HP Tribute for BTF Challenge


Hello, crafty friends!  This is the second week of our Jeepers Creepers theme at Between The Folds Challenge Blog.  I'm so in love with the colors in this kit and I can't wait to show you my project!

Confession time:  I didn't take up scrapbooking until I was in my 40's and my son, disabled and severely epileptic since birth, had passed away.  My family and I had so many precious memories we didn't want to let slip away, but for a long time it was too overwhelming to actually scrapbook them.  However, as soon as I saw this fun kit and it's brightly colored, whimsical embellishments I knew there was one very special memory I HAD to tackle.  I was even inspired to write up the whole story of how the only movie my son ever got to see in a theater was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," but my printer chose today to go on the fritz and I had to improvise for the journaling.  So I jotted down a condensed version on a journaling card left over from the Everyday Life planner kit, which I topped off with the Jeepers Creepers washi pack which I love!  It was a little plain with just the card on the left side so I made a diagonal panel, cut one of the zip strips in half and mitered the corners and placed that behind the journaling card for visual interest.  I also added a couple of the purple lightning bold puffies from the assortment for this kit.  I used the
Artistry cartridge for the lightning bolts and glasses, the cauldron is from the "Happy Hauntings" cartridge, and the title is from the "HarryP" font I downloaded from a site called DaFont.  So in the end, this page isn't quite what I had envisioned but the most important thing is I got this one done and my family can relive this special moment forever.  And that's what memory keeping is all about, after all.

So thanks for stopping by and letting me share this special moment in our family's history.  I hope you are inspired to unleash your creativity this week and share your Jeepers Creepers inspired projects with us at the Between The Folds challenge blog.  You have until Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:55 p.m. Eastern/10:55 p.m. Central time to link your projects.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment