Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Glitter and Rainbows for AHSC #196


Hello!  We're in a for a patch of gloomy, wintry weather where I'm at so I couldn't resist going for as much color and cheer as I could muster for this week's sketch at Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge #196.  What a fun sketch to work with, right?  I was really torn between several possibilities so I may come back to this one later this evening and see what else I can some up with!

details:  I started by alternating silver foil tape between strips of redcoralgreenaquateal, and (retired) purple shimmer trim.  I then used Black Memento Ink with the retired "Rain or Shine" stamp set (both the image and sentiment).  I colored the rainbow in with Cherry PinkTurquoise Blue, and Peony Purple ShinHan alcohol markers.  I used

the Memento ink to stamp the clouds onto scraps of white glitter paper and fussy cut them to add some dimension to the image.  I wanted a touch more sparkle and shine so I based the center panel on part of a shimmery silver card base I had on hand and went over the rainbow with the clear shimmer brush.  It's difficult to get a good photo when working with the foil  tape so it's hard to see the effect of the shimmer brush, but I have to say that I don't think I could have gotten any more glitter and shine onto this card if I had tried!  LOL

This really is a fun sketch to work with and we'd love to see your take on it, too!  You have until 10 pm Central on Sunday evening, 1/29/17, to play along and you can link your project at the bottom of THIS post.  Also, if you are a fan of AHSC and/or like to create based on sketches, we'd love for you to consider being on our design team.  We are taking applications for our new term which begins on February 6th, and you can find a link for more info HERE, just above the project upload link.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment