Wednesday, February 22, 2017

More Hello Lovely for AHSC #200

Wow, it's our 200th sketch at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge already!  I have been a follower of this challenge blog since it first began, and the sketches and all the artwork have provided endless inspiration while challenging me to stretch my creative boundaries.  So whether this is your first time with us or you're an avid follower, I hope you enjoy it and find as much inspiration here as I have.  And while I'm on the subject, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Michelle Stewart and all design team members, past and present, for sharing their creativity with us all!

Ok, gushing over, on to this week's sketch and project.  As soon as I saw this week's sketch I began making plans to revisit one of my all time favorite creations and actually had everything laid out to begin cutting, when I decided that would kind of be like cheating.  So it was back to the design board and I found myself turning to the beautiful Hello Lovely kit again...  No surprise, since I can't keep my hands off of it and there are scraps, complements, and coordinating stamp and die cut sets strewn across my craft area.



details:  I used Cricut Design Space and the CTMH Artiste cartridge (retired) to create and weld this grid and frame which I cut  at 5 1/4 x 4" on New England Ivy cardstock.  I backed the lighter floral panel of the Hello Lovely kit.  I used blush shimmer ribbon, this Sorbet-colored frame sticker from the Hello Lovely complements, and this sentiment from the Hello Lovely cardmaking stamp and die cut set stamped in a gold metallic ink from ColorBox.  It still needed a little extra something so I took the liberty of adding two tiny rose stickers from the same complements kit.  I have already made all the cards I need for upcoming family weddings, which are both in April, but I really see this one for an outdoor, June wedding...  I'm sure one will come along eventually!

I love this sketch, it's fairly clean and simple but it works for elegant cards too.  I hope you find time to try your hand at it this week and share your creation with us.  As always, you have until 11 pm Eastern/10 pm Central on Sunday, 2/26/17, to play along and you can link your projects HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that Hello Lovely paper looks so pretty under the green overlay. Great use of the Blush ribbon and Complements. Great card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete