Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Dreamin' Big Layout for BTF #42



Hello and welcome back, crafty friends!  I don't know about you, but I am *SO* ready for the official start of SPRING!  So it's great timing to get to work with the Dreamin' Big kit for this week's theme at the Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge blog.


details:  As soon as I saw the Dreamin' Big paper kit I knew I wanted to make a layout featuring this adorable insect patterned paper and the butterflies from the Dreamin' Big cardmaking stamp set.  I used two of the 6 x 4" PML cards from this kit, trimmed them down 1/4" on each side and matted on the black diagonal stripe patterned paper from the kit.  I used a 4 x 6" mat of Whisper cardstock for a photo mat and 3 x 3 1/4" panels of Goldrush, Glacier, Juniper, and Poppy for a grouping of smaller photo mats.  Both zip strips are from this kit as well, and of course I used Poppy, Sorbet, Saffron, Juniper, and Glacier inks to stamp a rainbow of butterflies positioned above the main photo mat.  Although I haven't been able to lay my hands on the pictures I want to use, this will be the perfect layout for day my daughter took part in an award ceremony for a poetry contest in elementary school and she got to meet the author of a series of children's books about nature.  There is quite a story behind that day and both my children enjoyed those books for years, so I can't wait to finish it.

There are endless possibilities with this kit, and I hope you will find time this week to try your hand with it.  Our Dreamin' Big theme at the BTF Challenge blog is open until 11 pm Eastern/10 pm Central time on Monday, 3/27/15, and you can link your project HERE.  We'd love to see your projects!

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment