Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Masculine Card for AHSC #202



Hello and welcome back, crafty friends!  I am so glad you found your way here for today's project with this fabulous sketch by Michelle Stewart.  It only took one look to decide this sketch would be a great pairing with the stamp and paper I had in mind for my brother's birthday card and everything came together quickly.  Let's get started!


details:  I started with the long-retired Victory paper kit from CTMH.  I love the colors in this one!  I then turned to the Hooked On You stamp set which is absolutely perfect as one of my brother's favorite things to do is to go fishing, and stamped the image on Colonial White using Black Memento Ink.  After some debate, I went with watercolor pencils to bring this image to life.  When I was finished coloring and blending and things had dried, I added a few touches with the gold shimmer brush to mimic the natural shimmer fish scales often have.  The banner image is another part of this stamp set, and I used Chocolate ink on Colonial White cardstock so that the letters/sentiment would stand out amidst the somewhat busy background/colors.  This particular stamped image coordinates with a cut from the Flower Market cartridge but I chose to fussy-cut it this time as I was running a little tight on space and needed a close cut.

We would love to see your take on this sketch, too!  You have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 3/12/17, to link your projects.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment