Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Complements Theme for Featured Products Blog Hop

Hello and welcome back to another installment of the Close To My Heart Featured Products Blog Hop, where this week we are bringing you projects using a variety of  our Complements.  There is a coordinating Complements set for each current paper kit in the Seasonal Idea Book as well as multiple stand alone sets with their own individual themes.  If you came here from Corinna's blog you are in the right place but as hops are circular, you are welcome to jump in anywhere along the way and simply make the rounds.  A complete list of this week's participants is included at the end of this post in case you get lost along the way.  Let's get started!


I chose the Hello Lovely paper and complements for this layout celebrating my mother.  Her life was too short and I have very few pictures of her, so naturally the ones I do have are very precious.  It has taken me several years of "playing" at scrapbooking and paper crafting to build my skills so that I feel I can finally give those photographs and the memories behind them the love and credit they deserve. Not that my work will ever be "perfect" because our art and our skills, just like our lives themselves, are ever changing and growing but I am happy with what I have created from these photos *today.*

details:  I used the Hello Lovely paper kit and coordinating Complements.  The "my beautiful" and hearts are in part of the complements (the word "family" is also included but I chose not to use it), as well as the heart stickers by the word "mother" and at the edges of the smaller photos.  The Sea Glass piece in the middle with the year on it is also one of the stickers from this kit, as is the small banner by the top picture.  I used Rose Gold foil tape along the edges of the corner pieces, and then I used Cricut Design Space and Flower Market cartridge to cut "mother" at 1.75" high in both Colonial White and Desert Sand and layered them slightly off centered for a shadow font.  The year was cut using the Cricut font.  I layered the bottom 3 photos with Fern, Sorbet, and Desert Sand and for the top photo, I fussy cut one of the 4 x 6" PML pieces from this kit so I could use it to frame the main photo.

And that's all there is to this one.  Now it's time for you to hop on over to Lauren's blog to see what she has in store for you.  We hope  to see you back in two weeks on May 3, 2017, when our theme will be the gorgeous Live Beautifully kit, a special collection of papers, stamp set, and/or Workshop Your Way kit.  Until then, thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette


Complete list of this week's participants:

1.  Corinna Murphy

2.  Annette Clark (here)

3.  Lauren Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment