Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Some Kinda Wonderful for Featured Products Blog Hop

Hello crafty friends and welcome back to another installment of the Close To My Heart (CTMH) Featured Products Blog Hop, where this week we bring you projects using the Some Kinda' Wonderful paper kit, its color palette, Workshop On The Go, or coordinating stamp sets.  If you came here from Corinna's blog you are in the right place, but hops are circular so you are welcome to jump in anywhere along the way and simply follow the links until you've made the rounds.  A complete list of this week's participants is included at the end of this page in case you get lost along the way.  Let's get started!


While I find this collection of colors and prints very energetic and interesting, they're not ones I usually choose to work with so I was struggling a little bit with this one.  However, last night I was playing around with this week's sketch from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and I thought I would try that sketch with the Some Kinda Wonderful kit and this darling Beautiful Moments stamp set to make a divider page for my Everyday Life Planner, and this is what I came up with!

I customized the scalloped frame die cut from the retired Art Philosophy cartridge using Cricut Design Space so that the opening was 3 x 3" in a 3.6" square frame (which slightly larger than the original opening for this cut but it can be accomplished using group/ungroup and slice features in CDS).  The horizontal stripe is one of the zip strips from this kit and the two vertical banners are just fussy cuts from other patterned papers in this kit.  The horizontal banner is crafted from one of the 4 x 6" PML cards included in this kit.  I plan to stamp "#life is..." but I haven't decided what stamp set to use so that will have to be added later.  At any rate, I wanted a journaling section for dreams, goals, and bucket lists, etc. and I think this will make a great divider page for that purpose.  (I am also going to post this for one of the Some Kinda Wonderful theme weeks at Between The Folds challenge blog on my "off" week as we are all pitching in a bit extra to help out one of our teammates.)

And now it's time for you to hop on over and see what Lauren has in store for you.  Please join us again on Wednesday, 4/19/17, when our theme will be Complements.  Until then, happy crafting!
Annette


complete list of participants:

1.  Corinna Murphy

2.  Annette Clark (here)

3.  Lauren Moore

2 comments: