Wednesday, May 17, 2017

No Worries Card for AHSC #212

Hello again, crafty friends!  We have a super fun sketch to create with this week at the Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge blog and I have had a ton of fun getting my fingers all inked up and breaking out new products.  So without further ado, let's get started!








details:  I decided the No Worries scrapbooking kit would be perfect to use for a birthday card for my husband's upcoming 50th birthday as he's a very laid back kind of guy who loves the water.  I also knew I wanted to use one of the PML pieces for the inside of the card so I planned this card for a 4 x 6" size to accommodate that.  For the front of the card, I used sponge daubers to blend CashmereGlacierLagoon, and Sapphire inks for a custom background to frame this panel of white-and-Cashmere colored paper.  Per the sketch, I cut and wove pieces of Blue and White Burlap Ribbon on the left side.  For the large cluster of images in the bottom left corner, I used a combination of stickers and printed pre-cut images from the No Worries complements:  the smallest heart is a preprinted sticker adhered to the back of one of the pre-cut pieces; the medium sized heart is another sticker adhered to a 1" circle of Cashmere cardstock; and the large heart is a preprinted die cut image placed on a 1 1/2" piece of Sapphire cardstock.  The sentiment is from the No Worries scrapbooking stamp set which was inked in Glacier, Lagoon, and Sapphire using the rock and roll technique.  For a little extra fun, I added 3 embellishments in the upper right corner made from the No Worries sequins combined with pieces from the gold glitter gems and blue enamel and glitter duos dots.

I am still fine tuning the inside of the card so I will share a pic of that at a later date, but I can tell you it will feature the "Good Times" PML card with the bokeh background, but I need to alter it a bit to fit my plans.  I have to say, if my husband actually watched me go to all the effort I've put into this card so far he would laugh at me, but I want this birthday to be as special as he is so it's totally worth it!

We would love to see your take on this week's AHSC sketch too!  Don't forget, our challenges are open to any type of brand of products of your choosing so long as you basically follow the sketch.  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 5/21/17, to add your project HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment