Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Falling For You, So Blessed and AHSC #228

Hello again, crafty friends!  Autumn is my favorite season and it's fast approaching, but I couldn't wait any longer to break out some fall themed craft supplies and this week's sketch from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge provided the perfect opportunity.  Let's get started!
details:  I started with the Falling For You paper pack and I chose to focus on three particular colors from the kit:  Fern, Goldrush, and Nutmeg.  I cut the green orange leaves from one of the patterned papers in this kit, and the green stripe and brown banner are also patterned papers from the same kit.  I used black Memento ink to stamp this feather image from the September Stamp of the Month, Feel So Blessed.  I used sponge daubers to layer AlmondToffee, and Nutmeg inks.  To add a little more dimension to the colors, I used the Clay ShinHan marker to fill in some of the lines.  I also used the Feel So Blessed stamp set for the sentiment which was stamped in Nutmeg.  For a little shine, I used a scallop border punch and a strip of gold glitter paper for the bottom border strip, punched a heart shape out of the same paper.  I had some retired puffies sets lying around and discovered there were some tiny gold glittery leaves so I added a trio of those in the upper corner as well.  Have I mentioned that autumn is my favorite season?

Don't forget to check out the design team's projects, you are sure to be inspired!  We would love to see your take on this sketch, too!  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central to link your project, which you can do HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment