Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Warm Winter Wishes for AHSC #238

Hello there, crafty friends!  Once again, Michelle Stewart has brought us another fabulous sketch to work with this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and our design team has come up with a great variety of projects to share with you.  For my project, I went "old school" and broke out mostly retired products for a snowman themed holiday card.  Let's get started!






details:  I have always loved this Wonderland paper kit and have been hoarding my last pieces.  However, one of my dearest friends is fond of snowmen and this was the prettiest snow-themed paper I had in my  stash.  The main colors for this kit were Crystal Blue, Spring Iris, Heavenly Blue, and Twilight so I tried to incorporate those colors as much as possible, starting with a base of Spring Iris CS.  I created the snowman from the Flakey Friends stamp set, starting with Slate ink on White Daisy CS.  I stamped the image twice so I could fussy cut, color, and layer parts of the image.  I sponged Spring Iris ink onto the scarf and hat sets and then used the same colored ink marker to darken some of the areas.  I used the Mahogany ShinHan alcohol marker for the arms and the Light Orange for the carrot nose.  I stamped the sentiment from last year's Cozy Christmas set in Crystal Blue and the banner in Spring Iris using this spring's Hello Lovely cardmaking set.  I used the smaller of the 2-piece snowflakes Thin Cuts set and white glitter paper for the large snowflake and the largest of the 4-piece basic ovals Thin Cuts to cut a piece out of the top layer of paper and another from a coordinating piece to inset.  For the smaller flakes in the lower left corner and framing the snowman, I used a mini snowflake punch from an off-brand called Studio G which I picked several years ago at Wal-Mart.  I punched some of the snowflakes from white glitter paper and last year's Sea Glass glitter paper.  Then I sponged and blended Crystal Blue, Heavenly Blue, and Spring Iris onto the slick white back of an off-brand silver foil paper, which I have done before as it gives an almost-pearlescent finish when inked, and punched some more mini snowflakes at random from those blended colors, which I also added to the sentiment banner.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the design team's creations and we'd love to see your take on this week's sketch too!  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central time on Sunday, 11/19/17, to link your projects HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette



No comments:

Post a Comment