Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Chelsea Gardens Thanks for AHS #258




Hello again, crafty friends.  Last night was the first time I have sat down to craft since the recent passing of my beloved 104 year old grandfather.  Even though we were blessed to have him with us so long, he was one of the kindest people I have ever known and he will be greatly missed by many.  My dearest friend was especially thoughtful in bringing me and my family purple roses (my favorite color) and a garden stone engraved with a lovely poem, and I thought this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge would make a great thank you card.  Before I go into the details, though, I want to remind everyone that we love seeing your interpretations of our weekly sketches, and you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:44 pm Central on Sunday, 4/8/18, to link your projects for this sketch which you can do HERE.


details:  I started with this striped patterned paper from the Chelsea Gardens paper pack to create a 6" square card base and topped it with a 5 1/2" square of Juniper cardstock (original or darker shade).  For the next layer, I used the retired Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the scalloped square frame at 5" from white cardstock and again from this delicate floral, also from the Chelsea Gardens kit.  I used a sponge dauber to add a little Heather ink around the edges of the white center panel before gluing it in place.

For the flowers, I chose to use both the original and lighter tones of Glacier and Bashful cardstocks with these fun stitched flower dies from MFTstamps.com and some of the white colored pieces from the gray enamel gems.  I used the stem pieces from the same die set with some scraps of a watercolor pattern in Sweet Leaf from last year's fundamentals collections.  For the banner, I used Bashful cardstock (the darker/original tone) with our new Party Banners Thin Cuts dies, Heather ink, and this lovely scripty "thanks" sentiment from a retired Hostess Rewards stamp set called Variety of Thanks.

Thank you all for stopping by.  Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment